- Officially known as the Games of the XXX Olympiad,
- Will take place between 27 July and 12 August 2012.
- The 14th Paralympics takes place between 29 August and 9 September 2012.
- 12,500 participating sports men and sports women.
- A total of 300 events in 26 sports.
- Events will take place across the UK as well as London.
- The Olympic Stadium (Stratford) is predicted to cost around £469 million Sterling. Has aseating capacity of 80,000. Designed by Peter Cook who has seized the opportunity to make the stadium the most sustainable ever.
- Has a Green Agenda which launches on 10 July 2009.
- Has a London2012Team on Twitter.
- The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) is responsible for preparing and staging the 2012 Games and is led by Sebastian Coe (Chair) and Paul Deighton (Chief Executive).
- London will become the first city to host the games 3 times.
- London previously hosted the Olympic games in 1908 and 1948.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
The most awaited event is fast approaching, it is 2 more years to go, others maybe prepared for these big event. This is just a simple news in our everyday life but for the people of London and all over UK, this is another once in a life time experience. Below are the 12 must know facts about London Olympic 2012 which will give us some point of imagination.